Today I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace in north London. The vast number of people and exhibitors was completely overwhelming, but I managed to pick up lots of inspiration and some new crafty things to play with!
These gorgeous floral hair bands by Poppy Daisy were only £2, I restrained myself to buying two but there were so many that would look beautiful in Autumn.
This skirt making kit is so cool, the pattern is drawn on the material already, so no cutting-up and pinning down paper! The fabric I picked is quite crazy, but I think it will look good. I had never heard of Cloth Kits before, but apparently they have been around since the sixties.
I had to buy this little keyring kit from the Tugbakop stall. The lovely girl who owns the shop is an illustrator and textile artist; her stuff is really worth checking out!
Finally, I got this FREE crochet hook from Tulip, who are a Japanese company who sell really nice crochet hooks, knitting needles and felting needles. I love getting free things! Even better than the little pink crochet hook was that the amazing crocheter Doris Chan was there, doing demonstrations of crochet lace and signing copies of her book. 
All-in-all it was well worth going to the show, but I would have liked to see more crochet stalls!
No comments:
Post a Comment