On Saturday I'm going to a 1920's themed birthday party. The twenties are one of my favourite era's, so I am very excited and want to make a real effort to look the part.
I had planned to wear a long, flowing cream dress which I bought in H&M last year which would look perfect for a night in the Ritz (or a friends living room, where I'll actually be). However, as I was shopping in the vintage market in town I found an amazing sequinned shift dress - for £10. So obviously I bought it. And this chocker to go with it. Although I now realise that chokers aren't very 1920s. And now I have a choice of two dresses, hurray!
From all the vintage fashion books I have read, its clear that a spectacular headdress is key to perfecting the 1920's evening look. In a bid to be creative, I have decided to make my own. How hard can it be? I visited my favourite stall at the market, the one where I always look but don't but and I'm sure the lovely woman who owns it gets very tired of me trying on every diamond ring in her collection. Today I could finally justify buying not one but THREE beautiful brooches! Two from the 19203 or 1930's, and another from the 1950's. They are so pretty. I plan to attach them to a head band or perhaps fashion some way of turning them into a hair clip. With some feathers of course.
So now I only have to sort out how to do my hair, my make-up and some jewellery before Saturday evening.
I had planned to wear a long, flowing cream dress which I bought in H&M last year which would look perfect for a night in the Ritz (or a friends living room, where I'll actually be). However, as I was shopping in the vintage market in town I found an amazing sequinned shift dress - for £10. So obviously I bought it. And this chocker to go with it. Although I now realise that chokers aren't very 1920s. And now I have a choice of two dresses, hurray!
From all the vintage fashion books I have read, its clear that a spectacular headdress is key to perfecting the 1920's evening look. In a bid to be creative, I have decided to make my own. How hard can it be? I visited my favourite stall at the market, the one where I always look but don't but and I'm sure the lovely woman who owns it gets very tired of me trying on every diamond ring in her collection. Today I could finally justify buying not one but THREE beautiful brooches! Two from the 19203 or 1930's, and another from the 1950's. They are so pretty. I plan to attach them to a head band or perhaps fashion some way of turning them into a hair clip. With some feathers of course.
So now I only have to sort out how to do my hair, my make-up and some jewellery before Saturday evening.
Headpiece - great idea! You have to post some photos of the end result! By the way, love the name of your blog!
ReplyDeleteHaha, thank you for your comment! There isn't much on the blog yet, but I have lots of ideas. I will post some pictures this week, I need to find the lead for my camera first lol. x
ReplyDelete