Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Hooked

I am slightly addicted to crochet. Its so therapeutic, and the fact that you can create things relatively quickly makes it very satisfying. I was taught to crochet by my Grandma when I was 7, and rediscovered it until about a year ago. Since then, I have been working though the many amigurumi style books on the market and my house is coming down with cute crochet creatures! I have decided that it's time to brach out and crochet some thing a little more useful, and have decided on this bright, beautiful throw from Stitch Nation, who have lots of free patterns on their website. I have supplemented my already massive collection of wool with some new, bright colours, which makes me very happy! I bought DK wool instead of the slightly thicker one recommended in the pattern, and I'm using a 5mm hook rather that 5.5mm. It will mean I have to make slightly more granny squares to complete the throw, but I am looking forward to it! I think it will be one of those projects that I dip in and out off any time I fancy it, so could go on for ages!


No comments:

Post a Comment